Sudden Depart I

Date: 10 Apr 2009 (Fri)

Today is the last day of the wake..
So many stuff had happens for the past few days.. Yet all these seems to me that it had only just happen not long ago.. All these dont seems real at all..
I keep asking myself over & over again: " What had really happen?? Is it real or am i only dreaming??"
I still could not accept wat is happening at all.. I believe it is not just me who cant believe what had really happened at all.. All of us in the Tan family is still trying very hard to take in whatever that had just suddenly happened in our lives..

All this started on...

Date: 05 Apr 2009 (Sunday)
Time: 07 00 hr

I was still in my sleep when my 2nd sis suddenly budge in to my room.. I had a shock and sat up on my bed, thinking what had happened.. I could see her terrified face..

She said to me: " Jie, Adeline just called me.. Ah ma now being rushed down to Tan Tock Seng le.."

What!?! Omg.. That's wat went through my mind..

I really do not know what really happened for the next half an hr.. All i know that me & my sis quickly cabbed down to TTSH A & E.. Upon reaching, all my uncles, aunts and cousins were crowded outside the entrance of the A & E.. For the next half an hr, the wait is really agonizing.. We do not even know what happened to her at all..

My mum was so upset that i could see tears rolling down her cheeks.. As i comforted her, my tears started to swell too.. As I looked around i could see that even my cousins were crying..

We took turns to have our breakfast at TTS canteen.. All of us do not have much appetite at all. Just as we were about to sit down, we recieved calls that my granny would be sent to the NICU.. All of us rushed there.. We were made to wait at the waiting area.. After waiting for quite some time, the doctor came to tell us bout her conditions.. He showed us her scan on the brain, saying that there is massive bledding in her brain.. There is nth they can do but just let her go slowly..

The news really hit all of us real hard.. How could this had happenen? She did not have a fall at all.. I had just spoken to her on Fri evening and she sounds so healthy, so alright.. She had only just gone out with my uncle and cousins yesterday, how can all these had happen within just few hrs??

The doc told us tt there is really nth can be done to save her.. Tears can be seens on our faces and the impact of the news to us were real great.. We could not believe that such things would ever happen to the Granny that seems so healthy to us..

Finally, we get to see her.. She looked so pale, with all the machines that are hooked on her.. That is the sight that i've never expected to see in my life at all.. She was just lying there, slping, cant even speak to us at all..
All of us took turn to accompany her by her side..

The last moment that I was with her was till 6am on Monday morning.. When i prepared to go to bed, it was already coming to 8am..

Then at around 9plus, I recieved a called from Liqin:" 晓筠, 阿嬷走了.."

I really dont know what to do at all.. I quickly called my dad ( he had fetch my mum to her workplace earlier that morning).. I passed him the news, only to realised that my parents was already home.. I quickly rushed to my sis room and told her the news.. She was so shocked that she jumped out of bed.. We all quickly rushed down to the hosp..

There she was, lying on the bed looking so peaceful.. She didn't leave any last word.. We were all crying uncontrollably.. We all bid of farewells to her, trying to be strong so that she would be able to leave in peace..

Lots of preparation needed to be done for the funeral, etc.. Everything seems to happen in a daze.. Frankly speaking, none of us ever accepted that she is gone.. We all still feels that she is still around.. My family still expected to visit her on Sunday (somethings tt we do every week) at my uncle's house..

I would always remember the time that my family would bring her to eat dim sum at Changi village.. Following that, we would go for a walk at the beach.. She seems so healthy, so well.. But all these could nvr happen anymore..
Whenever she come to stay over at my home, she would be sleeping in my room, on my bed.. Whenever i looked at my bed, memories bout her would always flood back to me...

Granny, i do really misses you so much..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment