Sudden Depart II

Date: 11 Apr 2009 (Sat)


Yesterday, we cremented our granny..
Today, we went back to the temple for the finalization of the preparation of the urn..
All the memories flashed back again..


The 5 days of the funeral ended yesterday..
All the events that occurs during the past 5 days, it seems like a dream..
The sealing of the coffin on the 1st day, all the prayers with the kneeling down and joss sticks.. All these memories would always be stuck in me..


Something that really left a deep impression on me was on the last day..

There was a funeral band that was engaged by my father, as a last present for his mother-in-law.. When the band started to play the 1st song, the mood of the event turned gloomy.. Tears started to flow on many of our faces.. It somehow signify that we would be sending off our granny soon.. The atmosphere seems very heavy..

Then, i saw my mum and dad standing next to my granny's coffin.. My mum broke down and started to cry.. I could also see that my dad was crying too but he had to be strong for my mum.. When i withness all this, i cant help but starts to get real emotional..


I remember my eldest cousins keep reminding us to be strong and to be there for our parents.. We have to be strong and try very hard not to cry.. During the whole process on the last day, we tried to remain strong so as to comfort our parents.. There was a point where we will surround the coffin for the last prayers.. That was the time where all of us really break down and cry.. It was really damn sad atmosphere..

We would have to pray for granny for the next 49 days..

No comments:

Post a Comment